Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
pretty much man. unless its a adjustable, ya may wanna back off to a 140mm fork at the most and watch the a 2 c.

edit: heres how it breaks down considerin a '06 spot comes stock w/ 5.3" rockers:
5.1" = 130mm ('05 spot territory)
5.3" = 135mm (perfect for most on a '06 spot)
5.5" = 140mm (push rocker friendly)
5.9" = 150mm (more for a 6" bike)
a2c depends on make and model. check the sticky. some like more rake for desending so dont do it or not do it just cuz someone says so.

·
12,942 Posts
not that im seein. closest will be a am3 with q/r, 140mm and a 2 stage tst. the am1sl might be the better unit but its a 20mm. my work comp wont let me pull up rs pages for comparisson.

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
cactuscorn said:
not that im seein. closest will be a am3 with q/r, 140mm and a 2 stage tst. the am1sl might be the better unit but its a 20mm. my work comp wont let me pull up rs pages for comparisson.
That would work, with ETA for the climbs, personally I think the Spot could use a 20mm regardless of terrain, hell, I would run one on my XC bike if the weight of the fork was reasonable.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dont have a150mm i was just asking because i cant seem to sell my rlc130 and a guy wanted to trade for his marz. the steerer on my fox is to short for my frame. need to get $400.00 for it.

Attachments

·
12,942 Posts
if i were a bigger guy like i think tg is, id do a 20mm as well. the 120 - 160mm am1sl would do it all and more and at aprox 5.25lbs it aint too heavy. us smaller guys can get away with a qr fork on a 5" bike, not that a 20 would hurt.

isnt that fox kinda brand new? if so, $400 is a fine price. someone should grab that up.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
tg said:
Dont have a150mm i was just asking because i cant seem to sell my rlc130 and a guy wanted to trade for his marz. the steerer on my fox is to short for my frame. need to get $400.00 for it.
This isn't the greatest time to sell stuff - it seems to be a buyers market at the moment - but when you sel the rlc get a revelation or a pike you won't be sorry. i still think the revelation is enough fork unless you are well over 200 and do serious drops - and it has the perfect a-c - I used the u-turn on mine once i think and that was when we had to climb up a stupid steep road!

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I had a Float 130RLC on my 5-Spot and hated it. Sold it and picked up an '05 AM1 130mm-150mm. The 150mm setting made the fellas at West Coat Choppers jealous, but it was WAY to choppered out for my opionion. I kept it set at 130mm and worked great. 140mm was manageable.

IMHO, the Float 130 couldn't hold a candle to the AM1.

·
12,942 Posts
im gonna back ya up. love my '05 amsl. its a light q/r fork too. if ya can find one, try it out. the price should be more than reasonable at this date.

·
12,942 Posts
agreed. somethin about the '05 am line really shined. my sl is the 120 - 140 version and is poi-fect on the nickle bag. the silver grey color isnt too shabby either specially after jnc got done with his magic.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.