Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to purchase a front derailuer and shifter for my Raleigh Mojave 8.0. Reason why? i just do not have them. I do not need anything that beefy or top of the line. Looking for something reasonably priced but it needs to be able to handle jumps and drops. I broke my last front derailleur doing a 6 foot drop. I was pretty annoyed because of how small the drop was. my largest rotor on the front is 44T. hope i gave enough info. :thumbsup:

·
mbtr member
6,503 Posts
ThomasFerrer said:
I broke my last front derailleur doing a 6 foot drop. I was pretty annoyed because of how small the drop was. my largest rotor on the front is 44T. hope i gave enough info. :thumbsup:

ehhh? are you doing road gaps on this?

My solution to a rash of crash damaged shifters was a set of gripshifts. They're pretty beat up now, but still work and they've far outlasted the trigger shifters. Front derailleurs... eh, deore is fine, lx shifts marginally better, and xt shifts like lx but takes twice as long to slop out. As if you use the front derailleur to do anything besides hold the chain in place anyway.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I wouldn't consider 6 feet a "small" drop, especially if you weren't landing it on a transition. That's an XC bike, made to take drops under 3 feet.

And, yeah, how did you break a front der on a drop?

·
Live Free or Ride!
604 Posts
That bike is not meant for anything near 6'. It's a wonder the frame hasn't come apart. But hey if you have nerves of steel then giv' 'er. Deore's or LX's should do you fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.