Cassette Shimano 9-speed HG
Pedals No name
Front Hub No name Disc
Rear Hub No name Disc
Rims Bontrager Kra-rim
Tires No name 2.1 all-black
Seatpost No name
Seat No name

Unknown year (2001 maybe??) Trek Hardtail (6500 maybe??)

Fork Manitou Mach 5
Headset Aheaset
Handlebar Trek
Stem No name
Brake Levers Avid Speed Dial
Brakes Avid Single Digit V-Brakes
Shifters Shimano Deore XT 8-speed
F/D Shimano Deore XT
R/D Shimano Deore XTR Rapid-Rise
Crank Shimano Deore XT
Chainrings 42/32/22
BB Unknown
Chain Shimano IG
Cassette Shimano Deore XT 8-speed
Pedals No name
Front Hub No name
Rear Hub No name
Rims Mavic (I think!!)
Tires No name 2.1 all-black
Seatpost Trek
Seat No name

OK now that we have that out of the way!

My question is should I trade my ride for the Trek? I'm not to worried about losing my disc brakes as it seems my old V-Brakes worked a bit better than my Deore mech discs do. Besides the Trek has mounts for disc brakes on the frame although the mounts are for the hayes style - 2 holes drilled on the lower chainstay on the non-drive side. I'm not to worried about that Manitou fork either as I have a Rock Shox Duke I can put on the Trek.

The Trek is sitting at a local Pawn Shop and the price they have for it is about $200 bucks. The frame looks to be somewhat bigger than mine but mine is a 12 or 14 inch frame and I am using alot of seatpost as it is. The Trek would probably fit me better. I think the only few changes I would make to the Trek would be getting rid of that radid rise RD and at some point getting a disc setup.

So would you trade? I mostly want the componets. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
253 Posts
How tall are you? You really need a frame that is your size. If you have a 14 or 16 inch frame and are taller than 5'5" then I would check into the other bike. Make sure to check the trek for stress line cracks or fractures. Do you have any buddies in biking that can look at the bike and help you? I wish I could help more, but it sounds like a weird situation. For $200 why not keep the old bike and get the trek as well. I love having a backup for my friends to ride.

·
Live 2 Ride
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't afford $200 dollars for a bike. I live on a fixed income and am lucky if I have any monry left over for anything after bills. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.