Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have heard good things about the new Fox 36RC2 but not much about the more affordable 36R! I am deciding on a decent fork for a in the near future 6" travel frame I am going to build up! Is the dual compression control feature a necessity to get good performance out of this fork or a luxury! Also considering Marzocchi Z1 FR1! Thanks! TIG. ;)

·
Banned
11,257 Posts
I can't imagine that it makes any sense to "save money" on the lesser priced 36. when you are spending that much $$ for a single crown, what is the point in scrimping on $100? it's only 10% for pete's sake!

(warning: you just heard my own internal logic for preferring the more expensive model)

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Price difference!

gonzostrike said:
I can't imagine that it makes any sense to "save money" on the lesser priced 36. when you are spending that much $$ for a single crown, what is the point in scrimping on $100? it's only 10% for pete's sake!

(warning: you just heard my own internal logic for preferring the more expensive model)
Yeah, your probably right about pondering over the cost difference! I am now leaning more on getting the Marzocchi Z1 FR1 because I have had good luck with other zokes that I have owned! I am curious about the Fox 36 model and how well it performs! Yeah, the 36 is spendy for a single crown with a 20mm thru axle! Maybe the Zoke is a better choice! Thanks! TIG.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.