Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
mountaingoatcycles.com
2,354 Posts
I was just talking to Ross about that bike today. The guy who designed and made the original Salsa decals send me pictures of #6 (also in Dirt Rag #110). Ross talked about the exorbitant amount of money being asked for this bike and laughed. I hope he came down from his original $5K+ price. (It sure is beautiful though)

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
First Flight said:
I was just talking to Ross about that bike today. The guy who designed and made the original Salsa decals send me pictures of #6 (also in Dirt Rag #110). Ross talked about the exorbitant amount of money being asked for this bike and laughed. I hope he came down from his original $5K+ price. (It sure is beautiful though)
The original price was higher than that if I recall. :crazy:

edit: yes, checked some old emails and it was substantially higher to begin with.

·
mountaingoatcycles.com
2,354 Posts
Fillet-brazed said:
The original price was higher than that if I recall. :crazy:

edit: yes, checked some old emails and it was substantially higher to begin with.
We talked about it today and I think it started at $10K, then $8K and then $5K. At that rate, I would have been interested in another couple of years:)

·
That's gonna leave a mark
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
salsa-luma said:
great work! Will you be bringing it to Keyesville so we can get a close look?, maybe a ride around the awards area...
This will definitely be coming out to Keyesville next year. I can't wait to ghost ride it through the SnakePit downhill. :thumbsup:

Either that or a community pit bike...

·
That's gonna leave a mark
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
First Flight said:
We talked about it today and I think it started at $10K, then $8K and then $5K. At that rate, I would have been interested in another couple of years:)
It's taken a year of negotiating to finally get to a mutually agreeable price. Suffice to say, I really wanted this bike. I might wake up tomorrow morning with buyer's remorse, but it's only money and there's not that many of these floating around out there that will hit the open market.

Besides, from what I hear if we don't time it just right and spend it all in time, we can't take it with us in the end.

·
Curmudgeon
341 Posts
Hell man... the way the economy is headed, someone might actually tell everyone that the emperor is naked and our money is based on debt and nothing else very soon. That of course would lead to a banking system collapse ... in which case I would much rather have a salsa than a wheelbarrow full of worthless bills for a loaf of bread.

·
Registered
27 Posts
First Flight said:
. The guy who designed and made the original Salsa decals send me pictures of #6 (also in Dirt Rag #110).

I did not design the decal I just printed them. I did design the first salsa thermometer decal though.

Arthog
proud owner of #6

·
VRC Hound
4,275 Posts
arthog said:
First Flight said:
. The guy who designed and made the original Salsa decals send me pictures of #6 (also in Dirt Rag #110).

I did not design the decal I just printed them. I did design the first salsa thermometer decal though.

Arthog
proud owner of #6
Whoa! Let's see some pics!

·
McNears-DTB Schooner
496 Posts
Upchuck said:
This will definitely be coming out to Keyesville next year. I can't wait to ghost ride it through the SnakePit downhill. :thumbsup:

Either that or a community pit bike...
Right on! really looking forward to getting a close look at it.

I might have to personally restrain you if it looks like you are thinking of doing anything close to down hill on this one...:D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.