Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tree Hugger
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some friends and I are planning a trip to Chino Hills on Saturday. We want to make sure that the trails didn't get too much water during the last rain. Does anyone know if the trails are in good condition.

Thanks,

Reed

·
Bigger than Big
101 Posts
I would be very leery of riding Chino after pretty much any rain.
Sticky, nasty mud that takes quite a while to firm up.

·
Registered
363 Posts
If you stay on the ridges, it's generally drier. With the recent rain, the trail should be very tacky. If you take Telegraph, you'll definitely need a bike wash no matter how slow you go through the water.

·
Tree Hugger
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Master Nameless said:
Just got back from another ride. Conditions were even better. Still real tacky and drying up in spots it needs to.
Yea, we had a good time today. We started on the East side of the park of the 71. We climbed up a fireroad and then cut over to the left on another fireroad and then down some nice singletrack. That singletrack was pretty soft and I think everyone's wheels got pretty caked up. After that we didn't have any more issues like that and had a great ride.

~R

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.