Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rocks belong
5,371 Posts
By the time you buy the Chinese carbon frame, a shock and pay shipping from China...

If it were my coin, I'd probably go with the Titus Rockstar Carbon frameset before getting one of the Chinese carbon framesets.

Titus Rockstar Carbon 29er Frame & Monarch RT3 Shock

$1200 with RS Monarch RT3, free shipping, no tax. FSR design, good reviews. And a PNW based company to support you and sell you spare/replacement parts.

I've actually had it sitting in my cart for a month now. Just can't get myself to pull the trigger.

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
I wanted to make sure you were looking at the same frame...

That's a 100mm travel frame using a 6.5x1.5 shock IIRC...can't recall hardware sizing tho. I like the Titus approach as a more cost effective buy and ease of warranty if you ever need it. But realistically, the Titus is prob just another model from another factory in China. I mean Planet X/OnOne all have their stuff made in China, and they swallowed Titus a few years ago, no?

·
Rocks belong
5,371 Posts
Pay attention to the location of the rear pivot. On the Chinese frames, it is above the rear axle. On the Titus, it is an FSR Horst link. That to me is another large plus for the Titus.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.