·
Registered
173 Posts
I was looking at those but the 5 frame minimum kills it for most people
though im sure you could talk them into a "sample"

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I'm willing to bet more people in China are living the dream and moving from lower to middle class than in the US.
Nope! The rich are still getting richer and the poor...well they are doing better then us since they aren't getting poorer...just staying poor.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm about to pull the trigger soon with Denfu or LT, depending which one gives the better price.

I'll be ordering one with internal routing and it'd be my first frame with internal routing. How difficult is it to fish the hydraulic line or shifter cable thru? Any tips?

Also, I have a Reba with a straight 1 1/8 steer tube and have already purchased the Niner reducer. Does anyone know if this will cause any problems down the line?

Anyone who's in the So Cal area who wants to do a group buy let me know. Dengfu is a few bucks cheaper than LT from the quotes I've received so far.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The internal routing on the ltbike is fully enclosed the whole way, just push it through u cant go wrong

·
Loser
521 Posts
I'm a little confused by all the different options here.

Do the Hong Fu 29er frames come with internal cable routing? Also, do I need to specify a BB-30 or do they automatically come with it?

I've never built up a bike before but this sounds like a fun learning experience. Anyone have any good links for picking out components etc?

·
Registered
691 Posts
hows the flat black finish in the LT bike? any blemishes or imperfections?
My LTK023 has some optical blemishes, and the black is "blacker" around the junctions because of the additional resin. But somehow, I can't seem to see any of it, because it's covered in dirt through the amount of usage :)

I really couldn't care less about those things... but you just might...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm looking into a chinese frame but I was wondering if anyone knew if there was one that can do SS or geared? This will be my main bike and race bike for the time being but I get the notion that I'll want to test the SS waters in the future and it would be nice to have a frame that can do that.
I have a MTB854, and I'm running single speed. All you need is either an eccentric Bottom Bracket like the one Team Beer makes, or if you're cheaper (like me) you can go with a tensioner like a Surly Singleator. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
My LTK023 has some optical blemishes, and the black is "blacker" around the junctions because of the additional resin. But somehow, I can't seem to see any of it, because it's covered in dirt through the amount of usage :)

I really couldn't care less about those things... but you just might...
Can you post some pics?

·
West Chester, PA
4,958 Posts
My LTK023 has some optical blemishes, and the black is "blacker" around the junctions because of the additional resin.
On some of the frames they paint the joint areas black to hide the joints. They they get the gloss or matte clear.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Do the Hong Fu 29er frames come with internal cable routing? Also, do I need to specify a BB-30 or do they automatically come with it?

I've never built up a bike before but this sounds like a fun learning experience. Anyone have any good links for picking out components etc?
I'm in the same boat as you - looking forward to a new project. There are 29er build kits at Jensenusa.com and pricepoint. At the moment I am torn between one of those kits and buyimg a $1K BD bike and stripping for parts. The kits don't contain a fork which will add some expense going that route. vs the bd bike.
Anyone with experience going down one of these routes like to chime in?

·
Registered
40 Posts

The Hong Fu bike currently does not come with internal cable routing or a BB30. Just a standard English threaded BB and external cable routing. I am still waiting for my frame to come in. As soon as it does I will post some pics of the build.

·
Registered
608 Posts
641 - 660 of 9927 Posts