Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
There is a Gala Ride there on Saturday 12th. Would be a good day to hang out with other bikers and get to know the trails.

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Easy to follow. Park by the Ranger Kiosk off North San Pedro Road. There are only a few trails to follow and a good 1 hour loop is Bayview and back on Shoreline. Do that 2x on the single speed

·
Fragile
253 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
The main full loop takes around an hour and 10 minutes at a moderate pace, make sure when finishing the first loop you DO NOT go down into the parking lot and ride through, but instead take the fork UP to continue the loop.

If you want to get into the 2 hour rage take a right at the first (I think) fork by the bridge which will take you up to a street. Keep going up that street to the Nike Missile Silos. From there you have some more options of where to go. It's a lot more climbing and may be a bit confusing, I've only done it once recently and didn't know the best route.

I prefer the main loop as it is 99% single/doubletrack and much more fun. However, you can ride a ton of variations if you want to get 2-3 hours. Good idea to look at the trail map here:
China Camp Trail Map

Do you have any more information on the Gala Ride tomorrow? I was thinking about riding there tomorrow but maybe not if it is too busy.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
To extend the typical loop ride at china camp, I'd look at extending it with some fo the fire roads in and around china camp and definitely make a trip up to the nike site. Some of the fire roads are actually pretty fun.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Haus Boss said:
To extend the typical loop ride at china camp, I'd look at extending it with some fo the fire roads in and around china camp and definitely make a trip up to the nike site. Some of the fire roads are actually pretty fun.
I love that crazy steep rocky fireroad climb. Naturally, I only do it when I bring my geared bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.