Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spur of the moment. I"m going to test out my new magicshine lights this evening FRIDAY. If anyone is interested PM me and we can coord. I'm thinking right around 7:45 and it's a 1:40 ride at least during the daylight hours!!!! Yea I have no life...or is it wife?!:D

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Careful at night out there. You are riding right past the ranger station on the front side and they enforce no night riding. The San Rafael side of the mountain is not state park and should be fine. Headlands is legal.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So

yer saying it's illegal to ride at night from the start up the hill but once I get up through the trees I'm ok till I come back around? That means all I have to do is get through to the top before dark.

?:eek:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Technically they can give you a ticket anywhere on the mountain up there if they see you and feel like it. I'm a ride where you please sort of guy......just giving you a heads up so you know.

Have fun.

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Think of it like fight club, it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission, don't ask....

you get the point

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Marin headlands...

zenmster said:
so where are the "legal" places to night ride? Don't tell me there aren't any...
... most of the east bay regional parks are open until 10 PM. There is a regular ride on Wednesday or Thursday or something with the Bikes Beers and Tacos crowd. Ask BikerScoutSparky or 105mmOfPleasure doing Joaquin Miller and Redwood loops.

Yeah, a ranger threatened me with a $350 fine when I got caught at China Camp... or more closely, my bud and I rolled out close to sundown with lights on our bikes. The Ranger talked to us back at our cars while packing out. Seems they cruise the parked cars and tag people when they roll back.

You know what? It stresses the rangers out thinking there are hikers lost or injured up in the hills, when there are cars out there past dark. The last thing they wanna do is go go look for hurt or dead bodies in the woods at night. Just don't, kay? ... not unless you start on the San Rafael side and ride over the ridge. We have a good relationship with the rangers at CC. I'd like to keep it that way

·
pro leisure tour
773 Posts
Full moon....

...is coming up on the 25th. You don't need no stinkin' lights. They just give away your position. ;) Of course you will still want to be smart when you park the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts