Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
(slight return)
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was on my way to the Nike Site at China Camp at about 3:30. I passed 4 vehicles coming down Bay Hills Drive (i.e. the paved section leading to the Nike Site) near the top, a fire truck, ranger jeep, a police jeep and either an ambulance or another fire truck. Curious to know if they were practicing up there or if there was an accident? Anyone know anything or have any details?

Thanks,
-slide

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
I was there myself...

slide mon said:
Yesterday I was on my way to the Nike Site at China Camp at about 3:30. I passed 4 vehicles coming down Bay Hills Drive (i.e. the paved section leading to the Nike Site) near the top, a fire truck, ranger jeep, a police jeep and either an ambulance or another fire truck. Curious to know if they were practicing up there or if there was an accident? Anyone know anything or have any details?

Thanks,
-slide
... (on the MC29er :) )and saw nothing. Then again, I didn't go any further up than the regular frontside loop. I was there from about 2-4 PM.

All I saw were all the folks out for a hike that day... hundreds of them. I was finding it hard to get a good groove on.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I was there.....

slide mon said:

Thanks,
-slide
Got to the top of the ROAD climb to the Nike site and thought I was going to PUKE ! I ate too much right before the ride - a cliff bar, a power bar, 2 Fig Nutons, and a red bull..... then went to the top. Maybe they heard the sucking dry heaving noises I was making ?!?!? I did the back side then the front side.... lots of hikers but never saw any EMTs or the 5-0

Eat an HOUR before you ride folks.....it makes a difference.....

·
(slight return)
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pimpbot said:
I'm digging the MC29er. I can get away with really stupid stuff. Imagine when I put a suspension fork on it. !

:p
I hear you on that. Getting used to the rigid fork is alot harder than getting used to one gear. Slowly getting better at it, but eyeing those reba 29ers!

·
(slight return)
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
johnnyb said:
Come on, you got ten inches of travel in your elbows and knees. :)
Hey dude, I've noticed that everytime we ride together you start talking about rebuilding your VT ;-) BTW, got the Trance back from Sunshine and they did an awesome job of replacing the pivots. One of them was totally crushed and they needed to bust out the dremel. Bike rides like new now!

Back on topic, I checked out the San Rafael Police incident reports online and didn't find any mention of an accident. Closest thing I saw was a call to investigate a possible dead body somewhere around Point San Pedro Road (!) but the call was cancelled. I'm guessing they were doing a practice run up to the Nike site, although I guess it's possible that the police car I saw was realy a ranger and the police weren't involved.

-slide

-slide

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.