Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I'm sorry i can't be there as i work in Queens, but i was there yesterday for a ride and got torn up by the thorns at the peak of the blue trail. be careful, i got my finger sliced open pretty good.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no worries Brian ...

its super late notice (my bad) but if I can throw this out here and get a rider or two to show, it was worth the time it took to post.

aslo be advised that there are other TMs on weekends that are in the pipeline: http://somersetcountyparks.org/progr...ranger.htm#vpp

so if any of ya'll are sourlands or chiimney rock riders out there, you may want to consider pitching in and lending somerset co a hand.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have always wanted to try out that park to ride and would be glad to pitch in for some TM if I can get out of work a tad early. Do you have directions...from 287 going south? coming down from mahwah area.

thanks,

vgt

·
seredyns
31 Posts
About 7 regular Chimney Rock riders showed up for the maintenance. The ranger had us clear the rocks and mud from a small creek that was clogging up and causing one of the rock bridges to overflow. This is the first bridge you hit when you leave the Newmans Lane parking lot going along the reservoir towards Chimney Rock road. Hopefully it held up after the rain later in the night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.