Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bushwhacker
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what would be the best all around bike for places in NJ like Chimney rock.
From my experience so far, it seems a FS fat tire bike would be best for the rough rocky conditions of most of the trails. So what do you guys use? BTW the riding has been great here the past couple weeks!

·
Bushwhacker
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hill_climber said:
check out this thread - its just a bit further down in the NJ forum... it might help...

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=81704

(i ride a full suspension)
Thanks for the link HC. Looks like anything goes, and its up to your personal preference. I like my hardtail, but I'm not so sure the fork is quite up to some of the trails at CR. I think I'd like a FS better, and agree with the reasoning of many of the folks who recomended them at the above link. They are probably more forgiving, and a little less painful to ride. In the meantime I'll , practice, practice, practice with my hardtail.

G

·
Jersey Devil said:
Thanks for the link HC. Looks like anything goes, and its up to your personal preference. I like my hardtail, but I'm not so sure the fork is quite up to some of the trails at CR. I think I'd like a FS better, and agree with the reasoning of many of the folks who recomended them at the above link. They are probably more forgiving, and a little less painful to ride. In the meantime I'll , practice, practice, practice with my hardtail.
I also vote for a good XC full suspension bike for Chimney Rock, Hartshorne, etc. Based on experience, the FS makes the riding much more enjoyable and lets you thoroughly enjoy the mountain at top speed. Not to mention, it makes it easier to keep coming back day after day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.