Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
A Real Winner.
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a child trailer that is also convertible to a jogger that can be used on bikes with square chainstays (full suspension). Any suggestions?

·
mtbnj.com
414 Posts
pops said:
InStep trailers work great too and are a lot less money than the Burleys.
my daughter loves her instep trailer, wasnt that expensive, and mounts to your axle or quick release

walter

·
Registered
196 Posts
Burley replacement skewer

I believe Burley makes a replacement skewer that has the hitch mount on it. You just take your current skewer out and replace it with this one when you want to pull the trailer. I was just looking at one in the LBS last week cause I'll have the same prob after we have our baby.

·
3 "fiddy" for short
2,739 Posts
I just bought one of these babies. I went with the Chariot Cougar 2. It is so cool. My daughter, who is 13 months, loves the thing and cant wait to go for a ride. The cougar 2 is a 2 seat version that has a leafspring suspension that is weight adjustable and works VERY well I might add. In my search I looked at the high end and the low end settling on the middle of the high end. I did look at the burleys but found that, IMO, the chariot is better made and the faberic is of higher quality. Also, if you are into running, hiking, XC skiing, etc. they make attachments for all of these activities. Check them out at

http://www.chariotcarriers.com/

·
Nervous Descender
717 Posts
kpnalder1 said:
I believe Burley makes a replacement skewer that has the hitch mount on it. You just take your current skewer out and replace it with this one when you want to pull the trailer. I was just looking at one in the LBS last week cause I'll have the same prob after we have our baby.
Yup- thats the one I was talking about- I think Burley officially calls it the "alternative hitch". The skewer comes in different lengths so be sure to get the right one.

·
Start slow and taper off
790 Posts
I third the Chariot...got a cougar 2, with the jogger attachment as well. More money (but comparibale to Burley) but lots of features, and folds more easily than any of the others.

·
Sweep the leg!
3,803 Posts
Trek makes one with a skewer replacement as well. Or if you have a solid axle it will mount to that too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts