Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
It's a slugfest!
Joined
·
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took Big Jim on his first "real" MTB group ride this past Saturday... Also, had young Brock hitting the trail with us. Forcast was supposed to be snow in Sedona, but we chanced it and drove up from the valley anyway. We were rewarded with just cloudy skies and tacky trails... :thumbsup:

Regards,

-SS


Sedona - Chicken Point from Steve Connolly on Vimeo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
DriveByBikeShooting said:
thanks, im sitting here in a foot+ of snow and expecting more and you post THIS!!!! im so jealous... f-the east coast i wanna live out there!!!
Then you wont like to hear that we are sitting in 58 degree blue skies...just waiting to get off work to ride...

Nice vid SS...we will have to go on another big group ride with Big Jim now that his brakes are in working order...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
A couple stills...

Silver_Slug said:
Took Big Jim on his first "real" MTB group ride this past Saturday... Also, had young Brock hitting the trail with us. Forcast was supposed to be snow in Sedona, but we chanced it and drove up from the valley anyway. We were rewarded with just cloudy skies and tacky trails... :thumbsup:

Regards,

-SS
The views from Chicken Point were beautiful...Here are a couple pics of what we saw from up there...

Photobucket

Photobucket
 

·
It's a slugfest!
Joined
·
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice Bryce...

bgurr85 said:
The views from Chicken Point were beautiful...Here are a couple pics of what we saw from up there...
But I can't see any views with that green bike in the way...

SCAZ said:
...Good to see Big Jim on the trails!!! ...
SCAZ - You're coming with us next time. Not as much fun without you.

DriveByBikeShooting said:
i wanna live out there...
DBBS - TIA for not shooting us...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
I like the video and all, but I gotta say I'm not a big fan of the on-board camera angle where the rider's knees keep popping in and out of the frame. I don't know why, but that view just felt "weird" to me.

Also not loving the "butt cam" view at the end, other than that it was real nice.
 

·
Elitest thrill junkie
Joined
·
37,486 Posts
Nice, I was there last Sat riding in West Sedona. The conditions were excellent.
 

·
It's a slugfest!
Joined
·
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks...

General Havoc said:
I like the video and all, but I gotta say I'm not a big fan of the on-board camera angle where the rider's knees keep popping in and out of the frame. I don't know why, but that view just felt "weird" to me.

Also not loving the "butt cam" view at the end, other than that it was real nice.
Thanks for the input General. Regarding the chesty-mount view. I like it a ton better than the helmet cam view, but you are correct....the camera angle was a bit low. This was only Mark's 2nd attempt at filming with this mount. The chesty always feels like it is aimed a bit high, but you can never really find that out until you get back to your computer. Knees=distracting however and I'm sure your comments will cause him to pay close attention next time. I always place the Camelback stap under the camera to support it and give it a better angle, even if it feels you are shooting a bit high, it normally comes out perfect. The seat-post mount footage was just an attempt to give the video a different point of view. It also showed the difference in clarity between the GoPro HD (chesty footage) and the standard Gopro Hero non-HD (seatpost footage), which several of our riders wanted to see.

Fiveo - we had a few snow-capped views and saw a few sprinkles, but thankfully no mud.

Burner - sweet pics! Really like the looks of that 2nd one...

Jayem, Saturday was perfect riding weather in Sedona for sure. Gotta make it to West Sedona one of these days to try something different... Any pics from your ride?

-ss
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top