Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Voice of Reason
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
February 20th is a possible date to do some much needed TM at Chickasawbogue in beautiful Mobile, Alabama. Several people from Pensacola will be going over and we're looking for more volunteers. We'll be doing some trimming and raking (or leaf blowing) mostly on the other side of I-65. Check PORC.org for updates.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'll be out of town that weekend but am more than happy to help any other time. I rode today and stopped a few times to move some of the more obnoxious obstructions.

·
Trail Rider
1,418 Posts
Shows how closely I read these posts... I thought it was 1/20.

I believe I'll be in town 2/20 and definately wouldn't mind helping out a bit. Also wouldn't mind meeting other area riders.

What do we need to bring?

·
The Voice of Reason
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was sorta hoping there would be a rush of people to help out :D. we have a project over here in pensacola that's taking longer than anticipated but we have a one man crew banging away at it so he might be done by then. keep checking back and thanks for volunteering.

·
The Voice of Reason
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we're bailing on the chickasawbogue TM day. Maybe someone else will pick it up.

·
Trail Rider
1,418 Posts
Crap, I might head out there and I'll move stuff as I come across it, but I don't have any trail maintenance experience so I'll leave the rest to those who've done so before until I can get an idea on what to, and what not to do.

·
The Voice of Reason
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that's pretty much what we were going to do. maybe hit the trail with a leaf blower and such. maybe we can try again in march.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I rode again today and moved some more items from the trail.

Would anyone be interested in a trail day this weekend or the weekend of the 13th? I'm also available pretty much any day of the week. I just can't make the originally planned weekend.

If anyone's gonna do any work, give me a shout.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts