Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy just bought an '04 subaru forester and my other friends keep calling it a chick car. it has all wheel drive and can fit his bike nicely in it, so i dunno, it seems practicle, but i don't see many guys driving them. what do you guys think; chick car or no?

·
Registered
11,774 Posts
The your other friends dont have to ride in it...

rockhound55 said:
my buddy just bought an '04 subaru forester and my other friends keep calling it a chick car. it has all wheel drive and can fit his bike nicely in it, so i dunno, it seems practicle, but i don't see many guys driving them. what do you guys think; chick car or no?
so whats the biggie...

·
Registered
804 Posts
girly man

rockhound55 said:
Definitely. That is why I drive a Hummer.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
not a chick car

Subaru forester is not chick car. It's actually is a well rounded 4wd family car. Alot of Canadians drive that model here in Canada. It is ideal for mtb riders who want to carry lots of gear

·
Registered
107 Posts
no chic cars

there are no chic cars, only chic drivers. you are not what you drive. I drove a $3k cavalier for 2 1/2 years, but I ride a $4k titainium bike. I didnt feel emasculated by the beater car, I just figured I had my priorities in the right place.

·
Registered
294 Posts
mbmojo said:
It's a chick car.

Just don't start sitting down to pee.
I was in a terrible roll-over accident at highway speeds in a Forester. Safest car in the world, I think. AWD, cargo room, subaru reliability...what else could you want??? The fact it kinda looks like a chick car doesnt make it one. Just put cool MTBing stickers on it...maybe tint the windows, keep it looking good. I have a 1996 Dark Blue Subaru Legacy and it's an awesome car. I would take a Forester in a heartbeat...relax, in a few months no one will care anymore

·
Registered
215 Posts
For some reason, a lot of the lesbians here in Portland,OR drive Foresters. This is not a criticism but merely an observation so don't start chewin' my a$$.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
get me lesbian chicks !

ChipAllen said:
For some reason, a lot of the lesbians here in Portland,OR drive Foresters. This is not a criticism but merely an observation so don't start chewin' my a$$.
Hey chipallen:
Do you know any of lesbians personally? Can you introduce me to some of them? They are probably hot looking chicks heh. I want to meet them. :p
Canada just doesn't have enough lesbian chicks. I have seen alot of lesbians and they look just like straight chicks. Who cares if they are lesbians. As long as they are hot , then I am all for it.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
I take it you didn't get the turbo engine in that, then....but I wouldn't call it a chick car, or chic either for that matter. It's a great utility vehicle, especially suited for bike fiends. Why don't you list their cars here, let's see what manly vehicles they drive...

·
dirty hippy mountainbiker
1,146 Posts
form

form follows function. Forester = all purpose action machine. It gets you and all of your gear to the trailhead, and not one rutted, bolder strewn hill farther!

Now a Miata: form = small rag top to accentuate breast size.

-M

·
it's....
2,088 Posts
ChipAllen said:
I thought this was a common knowledge, like Italians and IROC-Z's. :D

·
Motion activated
3,257 Posts
wolfy said:
Now a Miata: form = small rag top to accentuate breast size.
-M
Don't be dissing the Miata - they are one sweet car. 2200lb 50/50 weight distribution RWD - double wisbone suspension all round. One of top five handling cars in the world when it was introduced. There's nothing like a bit of trailing throttle oversteer to make a man out-a-ya. ;)

And don't be looking at my man-boobs when I have the top down either.

But yeah real men drive black F-350's with lift kits and tinited windows.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Doesn't rollover & safest Car seem contradictory?

I don't know how safe I would think a car was as I was rolling over at highway speeds.
Maybe a few details before you make such a contridictory statement.

You don't read about the "safest" cars/trucks because those are the ones that avoid an accident in the first place.

Not that this has anything to do with the original question on the Forester being a "Chick Car."

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.