Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a website for a Chicago-area mtb racing place? I want to start racing but I need some references of places to go. More specifically, I'm located near Woodfield Mall, in Schaumburg, IL.

Thanks

·
Registered
952 Posts
iliveonnitro said:
Anyone have a website for a Chicago-area mtb racing place? I want to start racing but I need some references of places to go. More specifically, I'm located near Woodfield Mall, in Schaumburg, IL.

Thanks
How you doing? I'm from Elgin. Not sure what kind of racing you are into, but these Chicago local sites should help you.

Chicago Freeride
Team Sally
Chicago Area MTB Assoc

·
BGR / MCM #311
838 Posts
The OTHER "best series ever"... ;)

PAMBA (Peoria), CORBA (Bloomington), KMBC (Danville), QCFORC (Quad Cities)

I-74 XC Series

and...

PAMBA's Big Hit DH and MTX Series

info at PAMBA

·
Registered
215 Posts
ihatemybike; good to see someone else from Elgin, the land of bad mountainbiking

·
Registered
952 Posts
unsuspended said:
ihatemybike; good to see someone else from Elgin, the land of bad mountainbiking
Depends on your take I guess. I'm into freeride, freestyle, trials type biking. Lunitic type stuff. I've been able to find nice drops, jumps, etc in Elgin. The Hill is fun too. I've found some singletrack along the northeast side of the river off the bike path if you are an XC guy.

What kind of riding do you do?

·
My bike is my happy place
164 Posts
Alpine Mtn & Peoria

I'm into freeride, freestyle, trials type biking. [/QUOTE]

I think Alpine Mtn has a DH race as part of the WORS race series. But I've been to the Peoria events & I'd be surprised if you didn't enjoy their DH runs.

·
BGR / MCM #311
838 Posts
That would be Detweiller Park...MTB's are "outlawed" on the wooded trails behind the BMX track...pfft...yeah...whatever. The trails there are asi-asi. If you liked riding there...you'll love the 4 other parks that actually want MTBer's to come ride!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
The xXx Racing Team has a budding MTB Program that will be doing the following series:

WEMS
DINO
WORS
PAMBA

and specifically training for and racing competitively in the 24/9 National Championships.

www.xxxracing.org

We have a few MTBers from nearby suburbs but don't know about far out as Schaumburg. The other resources mentioned are excellent.

Best of Luck.

·
Registered
168 Posts
ihatemybike said:
Maybe I need to visit Peoria again next time I'm down by my parents.
Peoria has been highly regarded as the best 'technical' singletrack and courses in the state of Illinois. I was pleasantly surprised to see how well they created the singletrack and courses in this area and PAMBA puts on some very well organized and fun races.

Kudos to PAMBA (Peoria Area Mountain Bikers Assocation) for making a great MTB environment.

·
BGR / MCM #311
838 Posts
ihatemybike said:
Maybe I need to visit Peoria again next time I'm down by my parents.
Yeah....you do!! Post up on the "group ride" forum on the PAMBA site next time you're gonna be around...let the boys and girls know what type of ride you're lookin' for (tourish and slow...or racerish and fast) and there will always be someone willing to show you around.

PAMBA group ride forum

see you in the spring!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
ihatemybike said:
I'll definitely do that. As far as type of ride. I suppose I'm fairly quick, but I like to stop and hit the same jump over and over.
Mr. 'Ihatemybike' - do you post at www.chicagofreeride.com as well?

FYI - The xXx squad was headed to Ray's Indoor MTB Park the same weekend you were thinking of going. I think we leave Friday afternoon though as opposed to the morning.

If you're not the same guy - then someone else has the same moniker on another forum.

Cheers and drop it like you mean it.

·
BGR / MCM #311
838 Posts
yobdlog said:
The xXx squad was headed to Ray's Indoor MTB Park the same weekend you were thinking of going.
The PAMBA / BGR gang is headed there Feb. 24-26...when you folks goin'???

·
Registered
952 Posts
Yeah, that's me on CFR too. You guys are heading to Ray's in February? Now if we can just get some Sallies it would be a full on Chicagoland envasion. CFR was 12 deep last time.

xXx needs a forum added to the site. The xXx training rides, are they mostly skinny wheeled bikes?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts