Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to ride up there today thinkin lowerGCamp, Buckhorn, 666, palmer trail(the trail off lower highdrive) then section 16.

Does anyone know if these trails are mostly clear? Jacks and the chutes is probably a safer bet but I'd rather do the above route.

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
KaiMana said:
Looking to ride up there today thinkin lowerGCamp, Buckhorn, 666, palmer trail(the trail off lower highdrive) then section 16.

Does anyone know if these trails are mostly clear? Jacks and the chutes is probably a safer bet but I'd rather do the above route.
We rode Buckhorn over to 666 and then back to town last weekend, top of Buckhorn along the ridge to 666 was snowpacked in areas but those spots were walkable and fairly short, 666 was in great shape. We were considering adding palmer/ sec.16 but were concerned about sec 16 still having snow so we blew it off, it might of got some snow on Mon. also. Wish I could ride with you, please post conditions if you do the loop, thats a great ride and a big one!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trail was great. Had to walk due to snow for about 40' or so mostly because I am running nanoraptors which don't hold well in off camber snow. The only snow was at the very top of jacks just before the 666 turnoff. Palmer trail and section 16 were entirely dry.

It felt great to get out and put on some miles/elevation. Took me 2hrs exactly solo single speed 36:18. 666 is pretty gnarl with all those water bars, I hadn't ridden it in awhile and didn't remember them, almost caused crashes a couple times when I would gap two not realizing there were a entire set of them in a row.

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
KaiMana said:
Trail was great. Had to walk due to snow for about 40' or so mostly because I am running nanoraptors which don't hold well in off camber snow. The only snow was at the very top of jacks just before the 666 turnoff. Palmer trail and section 16 were entirely dry.

It felt great to get out and put on some miles/elevation. Took me 2hrs exactly solo single speed 36:18. 666 is pretty gnarl with all those water bars, I hadn't ridden it in awhile and didn't remember them, almost caused crashes a couple times when I would gap two not realizing there were a entire set of them in a row.
Sounds like you had a good bday ride, I was thinking the same thing about those waterbars, none of us remembered them but they were fun bombing down. We did Palmer/sec 16 today from town and barely beat the rain, the trail is indeed in great shape.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.