Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i am looking into buying some upper body armor i want a jacket style not a roost. I am looking at the rockgardn flak jacket, 661 pressure suit, Azonic Z-5, and the troy lee designs descender. what are people opinions on these suits?

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,972 Posts
adurham said:
hey i am looking into buying some upper body armor i want a jacket style not a roost. I am looking at the rockgardn flak jacket, 661 pressure suit, Azonic Z-5, and the troy lee designs descender. what are people opinions on these suits?
it is Azonic Z-6...they don't make the Z-5 anymore and you wouldn't want it anyway....the Z-6 has tons of improvements

Personally I love the Z-6...it is well vented, fits very nice and protects very well too. Remember to buy one size down because they run large

http://www.azonicusa.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=52_27&products_id=162

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
ROCKGARDN 06 Flak Jacket, doesn't get any better for the price. Unlike some other "catalog" branded armour, ROCKGARDN is made by riders, for riders and has many refinements that seperate it from the rest.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've got an Azonic Z-6, size medium, brand new, never used, still in the plastic, if you're interested. $110. PM me if you want it.
-Mike

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
i am so jealous of the 06 rockgarden flak jackets. i have the 05 which i bought at the end of summer and seeign the 06 i really wish i would have waited. the 05 is soo nice, i personalyl dont think you get to hot, doesnt move around while your wearing it. the 06 has to be amazing. i almost feel like i gotta cheated out of a good thing. oh well once my 05 gets to small or is unusable ill get the 06 :D

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
austinb89 said:
i am so jealous of the 06 rockgarden flak jackets. i have the 05 which i bought at the end of summer and seeign the 06 i really wish i would have waited. the 05 is soo nice, i personalyl dont think you get to hot, doesnt move around while your wearing it. the 06 has to be amazing. i almost feel like i gotta cheated out of a good thing. oh well once my 05 gets to small or is unusable ill get the 06 :D
Me to :(

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,972 Posts
ilikebeer said:
Damn, it even cut through that thick vest you've got on under you're t-shirt!
you should see the huge scar he has now

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,972 Posts
that armour looks like the Z-6...is it strechy material like the Z-6 too

red5 said:
ROCKGARDN 06 Flak Jacket, doesn't get any better for the price. Unlike some other "catalog" branded armour, ROCKGARDN is made by riders, for riders and has many refinements that seperate it from the rest.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
a friend of mine thought a storm trooper suit would be really good for biking, you would be able to move everyway but it wouldnt go far enough for something to break. you could just go ragdoll off some huge jump and not get hurt

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
yeah i did a search a while back with the same question and some1 posted a pic of the 06 rockgardn stuff. It was really sweet and now its on my X-mas list :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
i have a dianease safty jacket, works great, very cool temp wise and doesnt move around at all. kinda pricy though but my lbs sold it to me for 220 and i couldnt pass that up

1 - 20 of 21 Posts