Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
VP/ Terrain Designer
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently realized that alot of people are saying that the chest mount view of a POV camera, is too shakey, or has earthquake vision.
I attached my GoPro to the chest part of my 661 coresaver; with some decently steady footage. The core saver is a bit more cumbersome than the GoPro chest mount; but if you're used to wearing armor, then you probably wouldn't notice it to much.
For being on a DJ bike and a semi-rough trail; I think its fairly smooth. What do you think?
http://www.pinkbike.com/v/185314/l/

Chest Mount GoPro on pinkbike.com

·
Registered
990 Posts
NastyNick said:
What do you think?
I think that's a f'ing sweet course/trail! :eek: Nice riding too.

I don't think the chesty is too shaky as long as I snug it up every couple of rides but I like the idea of connecting it to the body armor. Your video came out really nice. Did you mess with the saturation at all?

·
VP/ Terrain Designer
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kdiff said:
I think that's a f'ing sweet course/trail! :eek: Nice riding too.

I don't think the chesty is too shaky as long as I snug it up every couple of rides but I like the idea of connecting it to the body armor. Your video came out really nice. Did you mess with the saturation at all?
Thanks dude; yeah I messed with the saturation just a bit; all this is still pretty new to me. Just figuring the program out.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I was just going through the forum and saw you asked for critique on another video so if you don't mind I'm going to critique this one a little. I know some people complain that the handlebar mount is shaky but this would probably be a cool trail to do a couple of time with the camera mounted in a few different places and then make a video that blends the different angles. (By blend I mean switch views as you ride.) Maybe some handlebar footage, maybe a mount on the frame. For example with the camera on the frame when you are in the air the viewer can experience the bike movement. All in all like I said before I like the original. Just mentioning some ideas.

·
mtbrer
974 Posts
Looks good. Quite smooth.

One thing I notice about chest-mount vids -- they seem to be aimed too low, focusing on the handlebar or right in front of the wheel. I'm guessing that this is done on purpose, but it seems to me aiming down the trail a little would give a more realistic rider's eye view, yet still capture plenty of close in action.

Thoughts?

·
VP/ Terrain Designer
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
reamer41 said:
Looks good. Quite smooth.

One thing I notice about chest-mount vids -- they seem to be aimed too low, focusing on the handlebar or right in front of the wheel. I'm guessing that this is done on purpose, but it seems to me aiming down the trail a little would give a more realistic rider's eye view, yet still capture plenty of close in action.

Thoughts?
Yeah, I dislike vids of the toptube. After this vid; i figured out, that mounting the cam upside down allows you to point it up farther and get a better view.

·
VP/ Terrain Designer
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
S i've been working on a unicorn helmet mount for my gopro. Here is a vid of the same trail in the video above. This time on my big bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts