Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Team Fearless Descender
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s it like out there currently? Water crossing filled mud fest? Or, sexy tacky dirt? Have not been out that way since before the good rains we got a month ago or so.

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Someone on STR did a recent ride and it looked mighty tasty. Lets go next weekend!

·
Team Fearless Descender
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Impy said:
Someone on STR did a recent ride and it looked mighty tasty. Lets go next weekend!
Heck I think we are going tomorrow! (I know you are 1/2 way through your work shift :mad: )

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
El Salt said:
Heck I think we are going tomorrow! (I know you are 1/2 way through your work shift :mad: )
Aww well have fun anyway! I have fri/sat off next weekend so maybe I'll get a fun ride in.

·
Team Fearless Descender
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update – Ridden Sun 3.13.11

Currently the main canyon and all back to China Flats (Dead Cow / Suicide) is 100% dry. Can not speak to the conditions on the Las Virgenes side.

·
Banned
7,930 Posts
El Salt said:
Update - Ridden Sun 3.13.11

Currently the main canyon and all back to China Flats (Dead Cow / Suicide) is 100% dry. Can not speak to the conditions on the Las Virgenes side.
Did you drag Fo out with you?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Work crews are chopping brush, working north up Palo Comado and east on the Palo-Cheese connector trail. Watch out for spoke-grabbing leftover branches.

·
J:
5,128 Posts
f'ed

ScottR1 said:
Work crews are chopping brush, working north up Palo Comado and east on the Palo-Cheese connector trail. Watch out for spoke-grabbing leftover branches.
Just rode it today, they completely doz'd everything it's ruined, wide, flat and soft sand now..

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Whoever authorized this work should be identified and reprimanded, this is complete BS. WTF were they thinking, this didn't do anything except make the trail nearly un-rideable.

Moral of the story, always ride with a portable shovel in case you need to build a berm midway through a ride.

·
J:
5,128 Posts
You're onto something

2w4s said:
Whoever authorized this work should be identified and reprimanded, this is complete BS. WTF were they thinking, this didn't do anything except make the trail nearly un-rideable.

Moral of the story, always ride with a portable shovel in case you need to build a berm midway through a ride.

It's about to rain, this could turn into something really sick:D

I think they're trying to ban bikes and turn this into a horse trail. At least that's what it looks like now.

·
J:
5,128 Posts
tedstriker said:
When you say "unridable" do you mean you can't ride it or that you won't ride it?
You know the low spots and ruts that were back on Palo? they're filled with soft sand/dirt now.

It was rideable before the rain, real deep/loose in spots. If you roll through some of the sections at full speed, watch the endo

It won't be rideable for @ a week after this rain stops.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
focto said:
Im going to build some jumps back there right now.
please don't unless you're an experienced trail builder, shity jumps suck as much as bland trails.

·
Registered
11 Posts
DeerhillJDOG said:
You know where the oak tree recently fell and blocked the trail down in there??
Right below Sulfur Springs. Looks like it got hit by lightning..

I rode up Palo Camado and down Cheseboro down the center. It was a mudder...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts