Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Spotty Fire-jumper
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently decided to turn the Cherry into a singlespeed. I'm still waiting for the singleator that I ordered, so in the meantime, I just threw on a ghost chainring to take up the slack. It worked fine on the short off-road test ride that I did, but fell off on the ride home on the pavement after a high speed turn. It turned out that the old 32T that I used as the ghost ring was missing a tooth:eek: I took the hack saw to my 4 bar XTR crankset to remove the large chainring. It turned out pretty well. Here are some pics: hopfully...

Attachments

·
Spotty Fire-jumper
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
grawbass said:
They sell bells in MO?

Could you take a close up of the ghost ring?
Yeah, they sell Bell's at Lucas Liquorstore. Good stuff. :thumbsup: Here are the closeups.

Attachments

·
Avenger of Evil
577 Posts
Mmmm Beer

Why are you waiting on a singleator?
It looks like you have semi-horizontal dropouts already.
Give that a try.:thumbsup:

·
Spotty Fire-jumper
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good ideas. I didn't really "look" at my dropouts, but you're right. I may have enough adjusment ability there with a half-link to do it. I'm sure that John would put the horizontal drops in, but I really don't want to do that if I have an easier solution.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.