Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
MN/WI
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you get to the pirates, are you going to do the shot? I didn't last year, but I'm looking forward to it this year.

·
nOOb
527 Posts
Oh hell no. I took one last year, thinking in my maxed out delirium that it was energy drink. About puked it back up, but I kept it down.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A Pirate Responds

We dispensed over 400 shots this year on Pirate Hill and we could have served more if we hadn't run out of cups!

Check us out on Facebook - ChequamegonPirates

·
Registered
10 Posts
Shot

Shot.

I was wearing a Jolly Roger jersey, so I felt an obligation. Also, at that point my legs weren't feeling so good, so I figured it couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Shot.

I was already behind my 2009 time because I started at position 1800 or so. They handed me the pitcher...that was good stuff. They said singlespeed gets double. Yes!

·
Registered
10 Posts
A big thanks to all the indulgent racers this year. The pirates had fun. We will be back next year with more cups, more dirty pirates and more canon blasts!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Wait a tick -- I was on an SS and only got one shot. Does that mean next year I get three shots? Arghhhh.
How far from the finish is pirate hill?

Sorry about this but with the mention of pirates I could'nt pass up the opportunity to share.

A guy walks into a bar dressed up like a pirate with a big wooden steering wheel protruding out of the front of his pants. The bartender looks at him and asks "whats with the steering wheel"? In his best pirate voice the man answers "Argghhh, Its driving me nuts".

·
Sconie
52 Posts
The pirate manning the cannon was already reloading that thing the second he fired a shot. I had a good laugh but missed out on the shot, should have payed more attention to the signage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts