Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a loop that combines mellow fireroad climbs with singletrack descents.

I've never been to Cheeseboro so I have no idea where to start.

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
181 Posts
There are plenty of maps if you Google Ventura County Trails, but basically you want to ride North on Palo Comado fire road and take the right hand turn onto Sheep Corral Trail, which is great single track. At Shepard's Flat you turn right to descend into Cheeseboro Canyon. The Southern end of Cheeseboro Canyon has the official parking lot in Agoura, which I used for my start/stop point last week. There are many options on the maps to get from the parking lot to Palo Comado Canyon.

·
GONE
25,583 Posts
There are plenty of maps if you Google Ventura County Trails, but basically you want to ride North on Palo Comado fire road and take the right hand turn onto Sheep Corral Trail, which is great single track. At Shepard's Flat you turn right to descend into Cheeseboro Canyon. The Southern end of Cheeseboro Canyon has the official parking lot in Agoura, which I used for my start/stop point last week. There are many options on the maps to get from the parking lot to Palo Comado Canyon.
This loop can be lengthened by continuing to climb up to the top of the fire road, past the turn off for Sheep Corral Trail. There is a ST loop called China Flats up there. Then take the same fire road back down and finish up as stated above. I'm overdue for doing this ride.

·
Registered
12,796 Posts
Another good ride is to start at the Long Canyon trailhead in Simi Valley and ride to the dirt parking lot at the south end of Cheesebro, near the 101 freeway, then go back.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I rode Cheesebro for the first time just the other day. Went on a Monday and passed a couple fellow bikers on the way stopping and talking to a couple of them.

Absolutely great trails with some really fun downhill sections. Not really knowing where I was going and I just wanted to explore I ended up taking the Canyon Trail up past Sheep Corral all the way to China Flats. Turned around at the Simi Peak Trail sign and took the same route back. Total ride that day was 14 miles, next time I go back I'm definitely going to check out the Palo Comado trail.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Start off at Lang Ranch or Wood Ranch and Long cyn, climb up Albertsons fire road, past china flats, go down Dave's drive, then climb up Towers, down the other side of tomwers, brings you into backside of Cheesebro, to Shepards flats to outlook then up Palo comado to china flats back down Albertsons!

That is my fav loop, around 20 miles with up hills, downhills and a lot of single track.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Good link Hawg, that place has a lot of great riding, one of these days we need to hook up and ride, just was their with a few local guys yesterady that like to hammer the hills, let me know ifyou want to ride one day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts