Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I'd say for the second time ever, I was able to ride most of the Cheese Grater last night (with the exception of the really rocky section, which I am going to attempt again tonight). I know they sanatized the initial climb, but it seems some of the steps were easier than I remember (cheater rocks, etc.). Was it just me?

·
******ed or Branded??
2,095 Posts
skinny-tire said:
Okay, so I'd say for the second time ever, I was able to ride most of the Cheese Grater last night (with the exception of the really rocky section, which I am going to attempt again tonight). I know they sanatized the initial climb, but it seems some of the steps were easier than I remember (cheater rocks, etc.). Was it just me?
I need to find where the heck this dang chesse grater line is!!!!

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
doodooboi said:
I need to find where the heck this dang chesse grater line is!!!!
From Conversation Point (the small peak at the end of the climb on T100 from DD park east), head east on Trail 1A. Just after the bench, after you drop into the little wash and then back out, there is a trail that heads up and south (have no idea what the trail number is). Just stay on that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's been "graded" ... most of it is rideable now except for 10 feet of it where the steps are.. for me at least.

I love that climb now though, what is it 450 ft of gain in a quarter mile?! Sweet.

·
wrecking crew
1,392 Posts
:prft: Damn, sanitizing every interesting trail out there. What's next...hairball? They are taking all the scary, techy, fun out of it...boo hiss :prft: Where's the challenge? :rolleyes:

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
skinny-tire said:
It was the bike.:D
I rode it a couple of weeks ago and it's not as rough as it once was. Seems to be more just from heavy use and lack of a good monsoon to scour things out. Unless it got VoAZ'd in the last two weeks.
I rode Sassy's Ridge on Sunday and that one still has some sections that'll make you pee your chamois.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
katanick said:
It's been "graded" ... most of it is rideable now except for 10 feet of it where the steps are.. for me at least.

I love that climb now though, what is it 450 ft of gain in a quarter mile?! Sweet.
Actually, the section I was referring to is the downhill on the south side of the saddle.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.