Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I race Motocross and one of the things I learned was you can tell the difference between 10 PSI and 13 PSI on the front of a bike...so I'm interested in being accurate when I set up my mountain bike. Also, I've just gone tubeless so I'm really experimenting with pressures.

So to the question... How do you check pressures on a Presta Valve? The only way I have is to use my floor pump. Is there a better way? :confused: I've never seen a Presta tire gauge, does somebody make one?

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Chutist said:
I race Motocross and one of the things I learned was you can tell the difference between 10 PSI and 13 PSI on the front of a bike...so I'm interested in being accurate when I set up my mountain bike. Also, I've just gone tubeless so I'm really experimenting with pressures.

So to the question... How do you check pressures on a Presta Valve? The only way I have is to use my floor pump. Is there a better way? :confused: I've never seen a Presta tire gauge, does somebody make one?
Yes, presta gauges exist. If you're not in Canada, some other dealers should carry some:
http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_listing.jsp?FOLDER<>folder_id=670069&bmUID=1114714425423

I have the Zefal gauge, convenient since it works with both presta and schraeder.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
I just ordered a Zafal gauge and when it arrived, I realized the finest calibration marks are 5 lb. increments which I thought was too course to be useful. I returned it, went to another LBS who tried to convince me it's the best gauge on the market. It may be if you always set your pressure to 30, 35, 40, ,,,, etc.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shiggy said:
The Planet Bike gauge is digital, displays in 0.1 psi (and bar, kg/cm in 0.01) increments, ahs a bleed valve and works on presta and schreader.
That sounds like the Ticket! :cool:

Thanks!:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.