Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
It was relegated to the black hole of lower middle (or upper bottom) forum status months ago to die.

It's too bad, that forum is the reason I first started coming to MTBR, but people smarter than I didn't like the way it was being used so it was moved to wither away.

Good riddance, it was being used the wrong way!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Ahh, so now I see why the general forum has no interesting topics anymore, I was wondering why it was so dead lately.
I hope you are kidding. You don't find a thread on "Premium Valve Cores" an interesting topic? (it should be moved to wheels and tires forum, but what do I know?)

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
7,788 Posts
I hope you are kidding. You don't find a thread on "Premium Valve Cores" an interesting topic? (it should be moved to wheels and tires forum, but what do I know?)
waiting for downcountry valve cores to surface, then I'm hooked

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
44,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where it would die a slow painful death. Sure it has everything to do with that forum but it also falls under General Discussion in Mountain Biking as does most all the sub forums that's been created over the years. By creating so many forums like that the audience is spread out so thin each forum rings with the sound of crickets. Too many damn forums makes for what appears to be a dead site. The Passion forum was meant for riding passion stories which has pretty much been covered in one thread over there. Few go there now not so much because it was moved down the list from the top but rather because the name was changed from Passion which it's been known for since the inception of this site [that's the original forum of the site] to "Riding Passion". Those thousands of members who have known it as Passion for all those years suddenly see it's not at the top anymore. Where to they go looking for it? Under P for Passion. Fock! It's not there. Bastards must have terminated that forum. They move on never knowing it's under "R" for Ridibg Passion.

Do I sound pissed off? The forum died immediately after the name change which seems like close to a year now. Have they done anything about it? NO! It sits down there under "R" all lonely and miserable.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I was not kidding, and color me surprised, but the thread you were referring too and which I did find interesting and replied too was moved already.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I was not kidding, and color me surprised, but the thread you were referring too and which I did find interesting and replied too was moved already.
I was just being sarcastic regarding the "valve cores" comment. It was just a current thread with many replies that stuck in my mind as I wrote the comment. It's sad that it got moved. It's kind of what happened to Passion.

My opinion was always, and I voiced this as the "changes" happened, if there is traffic to the thread and ongoing replies, leave it in what ever forum it was originally posted. My 2 cents.

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
44,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was just being sarcastic regarding the "valve cores" comment. It was just a current thread with many replies that stuck in my mind as I wrote the comment. It's sad that it got moved. It's kind of what happened to Passion.

My opinion was always, and I voiced this as the "changes" happened, if there is traffic to the thread and ongoing replies, leave it in what ever forum it was originally posted. My 2 cents.
I agree here. Why move a thriving thread and send it to a more "appropriate" forum which in most cases ends up killing the thread.

·
Pro Crastinator
11,952 Posts
the whole moving stuff is dumb. the dh forum would be alive with dh bikes, long travel forks, the newest chain guides and so on. now you have to filter thru each manufacturer to try to find their dh bike, the component manufacturer for the random forks and bars (each now in separate areas also) making using the sight suck in general. i just come here to talk trash and bother people since that's all the site is good for anymore...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.