Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ride to Live Live to ride
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work with this guy. This was a early duel suspension rig by Cannondale. I like the big front chain ring and the toe clips!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Pete000 said:
I work with this guy. This was a early duel suspension rig by Cannondale. I like the big front chain ring and the toe clips!
Cool shot. That brings back lots of memories. That was a fun corner right there; you came out of a lefthander then while getting ready for the next righthander you'd get a bit of lift off. I dont care what the singletrack purists say, that course was a blast. I love singletrack too, but I had lots of fun at 50 mph down that course.

·
Retro Grouch
132 Posts
Nice Shot. Reminds me of my youth. Never raced the Kamikaze (would've loved to) but raced the Kaprun DH in Austria in 1992 and 1993 on my FRO with Manitou 1. The course also had some pretty fast gravel fireroads near the top of the course (around 90km/h if I remember that right) followed by technical parts and rocky sections. Classic downhilling at it's best. Ended up around place 250 of more than 600 starters. Not around the fastest, but not the slowest either :D. Those were the days when racing was dangerous and sex was safe ;)

BTW, i still have that 1989 Kamikaze VHS here and view it from time to time. This is one of the few mtb videos that lets me want to ride my bike immideatly. Does not happen with "Kranked XXIV"

Greetings,

Michael

·
Registered
329 Posts
Michael Staab said:
...raced the Kaprun DH in Austria in 1992 and 1993....
I raced Kaprun in '93 as well! That is a fun course. It was the WC final that year, if I remember correctly. Remember the rooty, rocky drop right after the gravel road? Someone has a good picture of me taking a big spill in training; with my Brodie doing a cartwheel over my head. Tons of fun. Still ride the Brodie, although most of the parts have died, and a hardtail is hardly a DH-worthy bike anymore.

Geoff

·
Ride to Live Live to ride
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He tells me the camel back was due to the extreemly long line to get to run. Also said the funky garb was due to the really cold temps at the summit. He remembers hitting around 50 mph on that run. Chain was on the small ring, probably fell down. The good old days!

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
HA! I had one of those bikes too. Last all of three months when I lived in CO. Cracked the frame AND the swing arm. Last Crackendale I owned.

Cool pic though.

·
Dumpster Diver
1,093 Posts
Crackendale

~martini~ said:
HA! I had one of those bikes too. Last all of three months when I lived in CO. Cracked the frame AND the swing arm. Last Crackendale I owned.

Cool pic though.
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I stressed 2 C-dales in 4 months and had had enough. They creaked and squeeked so bad and got so soft, that w/ one hand I could almost squeeze both rear dropouts together! I then switched to riding bikes made in Agoura Hills, CA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.