Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...

Check this out, These are the new RST forks. RST makes high end stuff for aftermarket now. check out the site at https://www.rstmtb.com

The R1 is $499 (that's what im running) and the Storm is $459 with 3 travel options and a 1.5" steerer option. Check 'em out!

storm

me riding my R1

·
Registered
38 Posts
The picture you you with is different than the pic above it. Like I mean the fork is different in it.

·
SuperInstigator
2,169 Posts
Mehl said:
PS. RST manufactures manitou
That's not exactly something you should mention in public if you want to promote RST...

Just kidding, on my next hardtail I might give your space a try. If it sucks elephant reproductive anatomy, then oh well, at least I can say I tried!

Props to RST for trying!:thumbsup:

EDIT: Why does it seem your website was written by an underpayed Taiwanese laborer who doesn't know he's underpayed??? I did your survey for kicks...

EDIT2: AH, I see...

Copyright © 2005RST.All rights reserved
NO. 2, Lane 371, Hwa Chen RD., Hsin Chuang City,Taipei Taiwan, R.O.C.
Tel : 886-2-8521-2351 Fax: 886-2-8521-6159
Best View with IE6.0+,1024*768+

Tim

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Just curious, so far, are there any bicycle manufacturers spec-ing RST for 2008?

EDIT: Whats the damping system like on the forks compared to, say, Fox's and Marzocchi's stuff? Also, if you need guys out on the trail spreading word, I'd be glad to do it, provided you send me a freebie.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
tibug said:
That's not exactly something you should mention in public if you want to promote RST...

Just kidding, on my next hardtail I might give your space a try. If it sucks elephant reproductive anatomy, then oh well, at least I can say I tried!

Props to RST for trying!:thumbsup:

EDIT: Why does it seem your website was written by an underpayed Taiwanese laborer who doesn't know he's underpayed??? I did your survey for kicks...

Tim
wheres this survey, looked couldn't find it.

Have to say though, looks like you guys at RST really wants to get into the scene. Seems like the only thing holding you guys back is your bad street cred. Your situation seems really similar to Toyota back before they shook off their bad vibes, and Hyundai's situation today.

Good luck, and remember, if you need someone to test your products, send me a PM.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Mehl said:
its a semi-open bath stack. Pretty standard, nothing brakethrough. used on motos for a long while.

but the biggest thing is that its cheap and reliable.

not sure about 08 spec stuff yet
Give the people what they want, its a good game plan. Sure, maybe it won't be as good as the RC2X stuff, but in reality theres a much larger market for affordable stuff that performs well than $1,500 top of the line stuff.

Seems like you guys are the remedy for those garbage Marzocchi Drop-Off series forks then?

·
SuperInstigator
2,169 Posts
dowst said:
wheres this survey, looked couldn't find it.
The link didn't work for me at first (rstmtb.com), so I did a google, and when it still didn't work, I found their big website...

http://www.rst.com.tw/index.htm

The questionnaire is pretty funny...

dowst said:
Have to say though, looks like you guys at RST really wants to get into the scene. Seems like the only thing holding you guys back is your bad street cred. Your situation seems really similar to Toyota back before they shook off their bad vibes, and Hyundai's situation today.
Agreed 100%, except Hyundai really does suck...:D

Tim

P.S. I'd also be ready and willing to take time to install a few of your new products and do a write-up on the performance of all of them if you'll PM me, we can set up shipping.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok first of all... not free advertising... i dont think there is anything wrong with letting you know whats out there. plus hey if you have a question let me know, the site is new and doesnt have all the info on it i know. also i like going on forums anyways and talking about stuff

The R1 has adjustable rebound, and the spring rate is matched to your body weight when somebody buys one.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts