Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

check out the first post on the new Ventana

2K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  ozlongboarder 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Wish I Were Riding said:
I think it looks pretty good too. Lots of standover for us guys of average height! :eek: :D :rolleyes:
Looks excellent. Strong. I thought Ventana was going to be coming out with a 29er tandem at Sea Otter. If it is going to be a FSB, I wonder if the front part will look similar to this bike. Won't be much fun on switchbacks though. Imagine the wheelbase.

#9 · (Edited)
Nice job on your bike.

Endo said:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=92418

(Some moderator dude please delete this if it's a duplicate.)
Howzit Endo,
Good job on the bike set-up. I've been riding my converted XL Bullit for about three weeks now. I 've tried to add some pics, hope that they post. So far, I'm really stoked on the ride and have since moved the front shock to the more upright position. Climbs a bit better and still handles the down real good. It's a 29er Beast at 39 lbs.,but it's all mine.
Ride on,
Leonard

Oops, I checked the post, and no pictures...

#13 ·
altaskier said:
This is indeed a landmark but it's (sadly) not a Horst link bike - the pivot is above the drops, not on the chain stay. Look no further than Titus Racer X for a Horst bike, albeit shorter travel.
Sho-nouff! Damn! Where the hell is Dave Weagle?!?

#14 ·
The Nishiki FS-29 to my untrained eye has a similar design, at 125mm rear travel claimed.
Good to have Ventana on board, his decisions seem to be like new chapters to the bible for some, judging from the initial responses. Riders waiting for Sherwood to give the thumbs up on the new mania.

Small observation. Why such a tiny headtube, and then use a riser bar? Plenty good flat trials bars around that would easy the contruction of a stiff front end. I personally like short headtubes though, they allow me to use flat bars rather than flipped risers.

#15 ·
Fellas, here is an attachment from Teresa concerning the frame specs for the El Capitan. I have no idea how to post this directly in the thread, its a Word document...

Cloxxki said:
The Nishiki FS-29 to my untrained eye has a similar design, at 125mm rear travel claimed.
Good to have Ventana on board, his decisions seem to be like new chapters to the bible for some, judging from the initial responses. Riders waiting for Sherwood to give the thumbs up on the new mania.

Small observation. Why such a tiny headtube, and then use a riser bar? Plenty good flat trials bars around that would easy the contruction of a stiff front end. I personally like short headtubes though, they allow me to use flat bars rather than flipped risers.

Attachments

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.