Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just finished building it up last night. This is my first foray into 29ers. She sure is pretty and I can't wait to take her out after work this evening.

Build Details:

Frame: Vassago Bandersnatch - Large
Fork: Manitou Minute 29er - 80mm
Rim: Stans Arch
Hubs: WTB Laser Lite - Silver
Tires: Panaracer Rampage - Running Tubeless w/ Stans
Crank: Shimano XT
Pedals: Time
Front Deraileur: Shimano XT
Rear Deraileur: SRAM XO
Cassette: SRAM XO
Shifters: SRAM X9
Brakes: Avid BB7 w/ Shimano XTR Levers
Headset: Chris King
Stem: Thomson
Bars: Syntace Vector - cut to 680mm
Grips: Oury
Seat: WTB Speed V
Seatpost: RaceFace Evolve
Seatpost Clamp: Salsa Lip Lock

Weight: 27lbs 10oz

Attachments

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
Classy lookin' rig. Smart Build Kit. Mikie likes it.

Stem looks fairly long...If that makes for a good cockpit, I might would have gone with a larger frame so I could run a shorter stem, but that's personal preference...Seat looks angled down a bit, but I typically will take a multi-tool with me on the first ride to make those minor adjustements. You may wind up looping an inch or so off each side of those bars...

Well done.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ncj01 said:

Stem looks fairly long...If that makes for a good cockpit, I might would have gone with a larger frame so I could run a shorter stem, but that's personal preference...Seat looks angled down a bit, but I typically will take a multi-tool with me on the first ride to make those minor adjustements. You may wind up looping an inch or so off each side of those bars...

Well done.
Thanks!

The bike is on a bit of a downhill so the seat looks pointed down a bit. I noticed it in the pics as well. But I'm looking at it now and it is level.

The stem is a 120mm. It was all I had laying around. I will be switching it out for a 100mm asap.

As for the bars. I had them running at the full 700mm width when I had them on my 26" SS. I did not want to go too narrow so I took off 20mm per side. I figured I can always take more off, but I can put more back on.

I sure my first ride will contain a few stops for adustments. I'm psyched!

·
recognize the slowness
483 Posts
Good looking bike...

NOW GO GET YOUR SNATCH DIRTY!! :smilewinkgrin:

·
Registered
890 Posts
I love 700mm wide bars (685 absolute minimum) but a 100mm stem will probably keep you a bit more upright, given normal proportions. Nice bike, man. It is a nice and deep red and with clean tires, the pics look fantastic.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
He makes a lot of good points, but I was gonna say that the bike needs a hairier beaver.

ncj01 said:

Well done.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts