Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
ss poser
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took out my new duty ss for her inaugural ride on sat, christmas eve. the gearing felt stiffer than i'd expected so my original plan of luge loop didn't seem like such a great idea. ended up doing a whitting loop. was still worried about mustard, but made it up no problem. i guess riding my julie in middle ring helped after all! rode aliso on mon & barely made it up cholla. lost my line once & had to sit for a few minutes at the top to catch my breath!! i got my arse kicked on that one! looking forward to giving it another shot soon! what a blast. i think i dig this ss thing! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
WOW! what an awesome and pretty little gerls SS... :) i'm sure there will be a ton of people seeing this new purple duty ss kicking ass on all the trails very soon, in preparation for the Coup!
Nice ride Tink.
:)

tink bell said:
took out my new duty ss for her inaugural ride on sat, christmas eve. the gearing felt stiffer than i'd expected so my original plan of luge loop didn't seem like such a great idea. ended up doing a whitting loop. was still worried about mustard, but made it up no problem. i guess riding my julie in middle ring helped after all! rode aliso on mon & barely made it up cholla. lost my line once & had to sit for a few minutes at the top to catch my breath!! i got my arse kicked on that one! looking forward to giving it another shot soon! what a blast. i think i dig this ss thing! :)

·
Interlectchewal
1,170 Posts
Beautiful bike!

tink bell said:
took out my new duty ss
I'm not familiar with that. Is duty the brand? Model? What size is it? It looks tiny. Stock or custom?

The silver parts look great! Are those pink Chris King hubs? How about some more pictures when you get a chance?

i think i dig this ss thing!
It only gets better.

can i get some pixie dust w/my gu, please?
I just happen to have two bags of Pixy Stix sitting next to the computer.

·
ss poser
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
denis duty is a local builder in oc. i'm told this is some of his finer work, too!! i think the frame is 12 or 12.5". custom built of course!!

almost went w/black easton stem & seat post. glad you like the thompson. tks! the whole bike was colored around the pink ck hubs/headset. i'll post more pics.

tvrbob86 said:
I'm not familiar with that. Is duty the brand? Model? What size is it? It looks tiny. Stock or custom?

The silver parts look great! Are those pink Chris King hubs? How about some more pictures when you get a chance?

It only gets better.

I just happen to have two bags of Pixy Stix sitting next to the computer.

·
ss poser
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
notice the side entry cage. the frame is so tiny i can't use a standard water bottle cage!!

the 'tink' pic is a bit blurry, but that's the 'security system.' i'll know my bike if anyone tries thief it!! ;)

Attachments

·
No Justice = No Peace
1,512 Posts
Bottle Cage.

Where did you get that thing? My girlfriend would love to have one of those on her custom 12" fat chance.

Your bike looks so cool, I can't stand it. Welcome to the SS world. we are all chanting for you...

You're one of us...
You're one of us...
You're one of us...
You're one of us...
You're one of us...
You're one of us...

·
ss poser
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tks! duty fabrication is local to oc. he does great work as you can see. i don't know how he'd handle out of town building though... if you're serious, pm me w/your email & i can forward it to him.

Lutarious said:
Where did you get that thing? My girlfriend would love to have one of those on her custom 12" fat chance.

Your bike looks so cool, I can't stand it. Welcome to the SS world. we are all chanting for you...

You're one of us...
You're one of us...
You're one of us...
You're one of us...
You're one of us...
You're one of us...

·
ss poser
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oops, mea culpa

oops, my bad. the cage!! i got the cage at the path, but you can get them anywhere. they're quite common. tks, shiggy!!

Lutarious said:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts