Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DIY Carbon machining

Yellowbook good point. Does anybody know what type of dremil bit and speed or machine (?) appropriate for working with carbon plate? On a slightly different topic, someone should make a little page on homemade ti springs (and working with cf plate) since a few have done that. Seriously, both of these parts should be profitable to sell but also dirt cheap for buyers considering what would be involved.

Concerning durability, I would guess that since the pulleys don't actually take any longitudinal load (I hope I'm correct in saying that) they should last nearly as long as plastic pulleys. However, I would worry about the top pulley breaking due to lateral loads when shifting gears :confused: But, I mean, I'm wondering the same thing guess.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
140$ for 10-20 grams of weight savings, ouch. Due to the nature of the abuse on rear derailleur plates/pulleys, I don't think I would want CF there.

·
the catalan connection
1,266 Posts
I´m rather off when it comes to lightweight exotica stuff...But these look a bit clumsy to me. Sure pic doesn´t help though, but I would say I can do it better...mmmm Where to get those carbon plates you say?
Sorry, I might be wrong...was just my first impression

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.