Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Still a 26" fork in it with the canti mounts raised a bit. The first rigid-specific 29" production frame? Or does the Slingshot Bigshot get that one?

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
They had that bike at last years IB show as well. I was inquisitive, asking the right questions untill I broached the subject of fork reliablility. This was back when all the ChiTi forks were snapping. I asked where they were made, and he basically asked me to leave. Rude.

I've also sent emails requesting info about their Ti bars. Never heard a thing. Rude.

On the positive side, they're quite affordable for Ti. IIRC, price for frame was in the $700 range. Or maybe it was $900. I dunno. It was last year...

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
LP, can we consider those "production"? If I were to buy one of those, I'd feel offended to have it be called production to my face. Maybe if I change it to "first non-USA made rigid specific", it's more correct.

Wow, sounds like a brand that only likes stupid consumers that go all for the bling of Ti, and don't ask questions. "Don't be such a nag, just buy our product damnit, we want to get rich and are on a tight schedule". First time I saw their stuff, I got the impression "Airborne impersonators". Airborne, against many odds, has managed to sell lots of product. Sibex may have come up with the idea "build cheaper, sell more units". I totally miss any proof of heart for and understanding of the sport.
As always when I rant like this, I hope to be proven wrong. But really, they have something to make up for in my view, selling 26" and 29" forks of the same length

1 - 13 of 13 Posts