Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I´m not a fault!
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´m thinking of geting a pair of Atomlab G.I. Pimp wheels since i´m on a seriously tight budget, so my question is:
- anyone have experience of riding these, do they hold well?
- can´t find any information on the wheels, like weight, guess they´re about 1200 front 1600 rear or something but if anyone knows the numbers...

i´m just courious about them cause they be cheap! a bit too cheap......will they be a good choice?

also looked at Halo SAS pro wheels... chainreaction madness.... :idea:

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
The "GI" and the "Pimp" are different wheelsets. I have some GI Dirts in 24" (w/ Eastern26 rear hub) and they are solid, but yeah, heavy. The Pimp's will be probably more than double the price of the GI's.

·
I´m not a fault!
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm.... thanks for all the advise, the thing is that i´m situated in sweden so some of the ebay stuff costs a hell of a lot to get shipped...

might go for the atomlab gi hubs on 721 rims....at that price I can´t really expect a light AND stong wheel? i´ll go for some pricier stuff next year, i just want to get the bike up on it wheels.....

thanks again for all the suggestions!

...bomb hills not countries....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.