Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything like a cheap hub that would engage much better than Shimano??

What's the best option for having a nice engagement speed while keeping the price low?
Hope XC maybe?

Thanks and happy new year to all!!

·
Registered
658 Posts
There are lots of Shimano hubs deore-lx-hone-xt-saint-xtr. Depends which one your comparing to.

I have a Hope XC front hub and they are around the same price as XT Hubs, The rear is more expensive than a Shimano XT hub but less than XTR.

I would get the hope hubs, you can get them in red blue yellow. sliver and black. I highly recomend the blue one. Dead sexy looks. Hopes dont come with Skewers however so add about 30$ for custom matching dead sexy skewers.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SLX said:
There are lots of Shimano hubs deore-lx-hone-xt-saint-xtr. Depends which one your comparing to.

I have a Hope XC front hub and they are around the same price as XT Hubs, The rear is more expensive than a Shimano XT hub but less than XTR.

I would get the hope hubs, you can get them in red blue yellow. sliver and black. I highly recomend the blue one. Dead sexy looks. Hopes dont come with Skewers however so add about 30$ for custom matching dead sexy skewers.
Oh, I love Shimano hubs. Inexpensive and nice quality... the only complain I have is the engagement speed. Shimanos are so freaking slow, no matter the pricepoint. See, when you grow old, you no longer have that momentum up the ugly steeps :D That's where a faster engagement hub comes into play.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.