Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Killer of Chains
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a steel 29er HT, which will put my faithful steed "The Ho" on the back burner.

Lately, though, I've had a lot more interest by potential mates in riding mountain bike with me. Not wanting to miss an opportunity, I'd like to have a bike that is light and works well for the ladies. They currently suffer to ride a old Magna...eww.

I ride a size large, but lately it has seemed that most of the girls I date are between 5'3 and 5'6, which puts them at a small or a medium.

Could I find a long top tube bike with good standover, so that I could ride it as a backup with a longer stem and the ladies could ride it with 90mm stem? Is this possible?

I'm really thinking not...but thought I would check.

·
I live to bike
2,450 Posts
You could purchase a dirt jump bike. A large Giant STP will work for you as a dirt jumper, and may work for a short person as a trail bike. The stp or similar won't work for you as a trail bike, though. (I've tried riding mine XC, and it sucks since it is way too short for me as an xc bike. Great at what it is made for, though!).

·
Registered
441 Posts
Gary Fisher Genesis hardtails have the geometry you want. They are designed for people with longer arms than the norm, thus the top tubes are long to the seat tube length. Women's geometry is the opposite though... I thought they were generally shorter top tubes for the given seat tube length.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.