Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have 3 people here in Michigan thinking about heading out to CO for the Breckenridge 100 on 7/15.

Since we need to acclimate we would arrive 1 week before the race.

Since it's already a lot of money we spend on just getting there I wonder if someone knows a small appartment/house that can be rented out for cheap $$$?

Thanks

Alex

·
"Oldfart from Wayback"
1,683 Posts
1 week isn't near enough time to acclimate for a race !

sander said:
We have 3 people here in Michigan thinking about heading out to CO for the Breckenridge 100 on 7/15.

Since we need to acclimate we would arrive 1 week before the race.
1 week will barely let you ride at altitude, let alone race. 2 weeks min. to "start" to feel "normal"

Sorry I can't help on a cheap $ room. It's ski country and everything is $$$$.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for warning me! Sure, 2 or 3 weeks would be nice, but we did Leadville before, also with only 1 week to acclimate. Good enough for sub 9 h finishes!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Breck100 lodging

Thanks for coming out ot the Breck 100!!!! Couple of options for ya. Beaver Run Resort is one of our race sponsors and they are doing a special rate for participants. I beleive it is 30% off the summer rate.. The other place I would call is the Frisco Lodge or the Frisco Best Western. You could also go to the Summit Daily News website and check that. You could also check for motels in Fairplay, Colorado. Good luck see you here on the 15th.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts