Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie and I need a new fork. I have a trek 4300 disc, with a lto of upgrades, xt/xtr gear system, new bars and stem, tires, ect... but even off a 2 foot drop my fork bottoms out, 3 foot my wrists and arms hurt like hell. i want a cheap fork for my bike. i was thinking a fox float 130 r, vanilla 130 r, or vanilla 130 rlc. any sugestions? i also want something relatively light cuz i do some xc to. under 4.5lbs, under $500

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
thebikedoctor33 said:
...did you miss the relatively light part???
well it is pretty light. i wouldnt worry about weight dude. atleast its gonna hold up to abuse longer than a fox. i rock a flick with teh urban camo paint job, you cant go wrong with this fork.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
hey konabiker, how much did that titan cost and where can I find the best deals? im still looking for a hartail frame

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
Chikity China said:
hey konabiker, how much did that titan cost and where can I find the best deals? im still looking for a hartail frame
well im on their sponsor program, so lets just say i got a really good deal. the boys over at soul cycles will hook you up really good. chad is a cool guy and really helpful. try and see if you can get on the sponsor program.

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
If you wanna freeride get a new frame too...and if you care to much about the weight maybe you're no ready for the cross-over from XC to FR.

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
Funny thing about some of those Treks.

thebikedoctor33 said:
I'm a newbie and I need a new fork. I have a trek 4300 disc, with a lto of upgrades, xt/xtr gear system, new bars and stem, tires, ect... but even off a 2 foot drop my fork bottoms out, 3 foot my wrists and arms hurt like hell. i want a cheap fork for my bike. i was thinking a fox float 130 r, vanilla 130 r, or vanilla 130 rlc. any sugestions? i also want something relatively light cuz i do some xc to. under 4.5lbs, under $500
I've seen several aluminum Trek hardtails from 4300s to 8000s hammered relentlessly by some abusive riders. Frankly I've been a little surprised how they've held up. I don't think there's anything particularly special about them, but they do seem to be able to take a beating. I'd still recommend something with a better geometry for FR and such.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
konabiker said:
well im on their sponsor program, so lets just say i got a really good deal. the boys over at soul cycles will hook you up really good. chad is a cool guy and really helpful. try and see if you can get on the sponsor program.
do they sponsor 14 yr olds?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts