Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have a Mongoose Wing Comp. http://www.mongoose.com/bikes/detail.php?id=288&brandLine=Pro_International&brandID=47

I bought it last year and althought it's not a bad bike, it's pretty heavy. It think I would be better off with something lighter. I am looking into upgrade and get a lightweight HT because a light DS is probably going to be too expensive. Also a women's specific bike would probably fit me better.

I really appreciater any suggestions :D

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
definatly get a more expencive hardtail compared to a cheap fully, whats your budget ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can probably spend about 800 to 1000 but its gonna be a while b/c I just bought a road bike (never thought I would but I love that thing)

·
Registered
373 Posts
I second that, good hardtail. you get more bang for your buck with an HT
I would start shopping at your LBS.

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
good thought dogonfr, the jamis line is sick, I dont think they have a "womans edition" but you shouldent have much trouble on sizeing with them. go out and test ride some stuff, see how you like it.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
The Komodo is a mix of DJ/Urban so the stand over is low enough with a short stem. Put a agressive female on board, watch out some one is gonna be kicking ars. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts