Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 9373 Posts

·
bike tester
1,281 Posts
there aren't any so far. i don't think we'll see any 29er carbon rims cheaper than ENVE&easton until on one manages to get their protos into production. prolly around 2015, considering how the frame has been going.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
On-One will be selling carbon rims and prebuilt wheelsets in early 2011. News article here. The complete tubeless wheelset is projected to cost a bit over $1000, in other words not too much more than a single ENVE rim. I couldn't find the pricing info on the cheaper non-tubeless rim, but IIRC it was guesstimated at around $200 a rim

·
Registered
789 Posts
I'm hoping November starts building carbon 29er wheels in addition to their road wheels (~$800 on pre-order). They've got a 29er carbon frame in the works. Wheels have got to be coming down the pipe.

There are a LOT of companies in the road scene doing the china/taiwan carbon wheel thing: boyd, williams, psimet, november, soul.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
I hope your results are better than mine......
Is that solely cosmetic or are there structural issues as well? Not trying to minimize anything as even cosmetic issues would result in me returning them, just trying to get a more complete picture. TIA.

1 - 20 of 9373 Posts