Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to try out this rigid thing on my Fisher, hopefully for racing the Dirty Kanza on, but I need it to be cheap because I am positive that the Reba will still see 90% of my ride time.

I have come up with a few forks that I could probably pickup or ebay for less than $80 but would appreciate any other options yall could come up with.

Forks so far:
Karate Monkey
Zion
Kona p2

Are there maybe some 26" rigid disk forks that would work (1x1)? Or possibly a disk cross fork with more clearance than average?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone know the axle-to-crown on an 80 mm REBA? The 453mm Rigid at Nashbar is only about 10mm shorter than a Salsa fork and 15 shorter than a Surly which are both made to emulate the REBA, correct?

I would assume I wouldn't notice a huge difference in 10-15mm of a.c. and any difference I would notice would make for a twitchier ride, which wouldn't be unwelcomed to the already slow turning Genesis Geometry.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The niner fork is 179 bucks and is spot on the same size as the REBA 80mm.
Not really cheep but you always get what you pay for.
If you put on a shorter fork the steep head tub angle will just get steeper.
You can sell it on ebay for more than a lessor fork if and when you are ready to get rid of it.
I have a G.F. X-Cal and ride it SS and Rigid because the REBA that came with it is on another 29er frame. I can't see why you would take it off just to feel the ground more. You are not going to save much weight.

·
Registered
356 Posts
LetsGoOutside said:
I want to try out this rigid thing on my Fisher, hopefully for racing the Dirty Kanza on, but I need it to be cheap because I am positive that the Reba will still see 90% of my ride time.

I have come up with a few forks that I could probably pickup or ebay for less than $80 but would appreciate any other options yall could come up with.

Forks so far:
Karate Monkey
Zion
Kona p2

Are there maybe some 26" rigid disk forks that would work (1x1)? Or possibly a disk cross fork with more clearance than average?
Check your PMs I have a fork you might be interested in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.