Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, was upgrading a fork on an old 26er bike, and found you i couldnt attach the v-brakes to the new fork, so decided might as well upgrade to disc breaks. Problem is i cant seem to find any, especially for cheap.... Any recommendations?

(or if anyone knows how to sort of 'gettho style' get the v brakes on the fork that'd be much appreciated to, thanks!)

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
You want new or used? Plenty of options on eBay for as low as $8. Lots of options on Pinkbike as well - some for $50.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Hi, was upgrading a fork on an old 26er bike, and found you i couldnt attach the v-brakes to the new fork, so decided might as well upgrade to disc breaks. Problem is i cant seem to find any, especially for cheap.... Any recommendations?

(or if anyone knows how to sort of 'gettho style' get the v brakes on the fork that'd be much appreciated to, thanks!)
brake=good
break=bad

You can't find any what, exactly? Will your hubs accept a rotor?
You can't actually say you are unable to find disc brakes -so what is it you can't find -brakes that fit your wheel?

Is the fork you just got a NEW fork from a supplier, or used from craigslist, for example. If new, can you replace it with a v-brake alternative?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.