Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a cheap hybrid bike restoration I'm looking for a cheap 1x crank. it has a square taper BB. I came across these FCM800 sunrace 1x cranks. Per the sunrace chart they come with NW chainring (e.g. FCM80V is the 34T model). CRC has them for $32, but their website isn't clear on what number of teeth, if the chainring is included (i submitted a question).

Obviously this would be a very economical 1x upgrade. i realize it wouldn't be a for a real MTB, and for my personal bike I'd use a 2-piece crank option. but for a cheap restoration this seems good.

The only source besides CRC is an ebay seller (higher price). Does anyone have information on these cranks? Or does anyone know of similar inexpensive 1x cranks?

I also would replace the BB with a 24mm type, but those cranks are pricier. I need around a 34T or 36T.

Another option are ebay ifx cranks for $65 inc BB and ring. But if I could could get the sunrace crank for the price, that would be better.

Again, I realize none of these will be used for whistler duty, they are for hybrids. I also explored using 2x or 3x cranks, but ones with bolted chainring and then adding an NW chainring isn't economical. The bike came with a riveted 3x crank.

·
Registered
903 Posts
For a cheap hybrid bike restoration I'm looking for a cheap 1x crank. it has a square taper BB. I came across these FCM800 sunrace 1x cranks. Per the sunrace chart they come with NW chainring (e.g. FCM80V is the 34T model). CRC has them for $32, but their website isn't clear on what number of teeth, if the chainring is included (i submitted a question).

Obviously this would be a very economical 1x upgrade. i realize it wouldn't be a for a real MTB, and for my personal bike I'd use a 2-piece crank option. but for a cheap restoration this seems good.

The only source besides CRC is an ebay seller (higher price). Does anyone have information on these cranks? Or does anyone know of similar inexpensive 1x cranks?

I also would replace the BB with a 24mm type, but those cranks are pricier. I need around a 34T or 36T.

Another option are ebay ifx cranks for $65 inc BB and ring. But if I could could get the sunrace crank for the price, that would be better.

Again, I realize none of these will be used for whistler duty, they are for hybrids. I also explored using 2x or 3x cranks, but ones with bolted chainring and then adding an NW chainring isn't economical. The bike came with a riveted 3x crank.
I have this Action crank from Alixpress on one of my bikes
Looks great, but it's not the lightest.

https://m.de.aliexpress.com/item/32...ke-Crankset-Light-Weight-Black-Crank-BCD104mm

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.