Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had any experience with frame flex on an I-Drive system causing the front Derailure to shift? I recently rebuilt a circa 2000 I-drive and whenever weight is applied to the thing the front end pulls on the derailure cable and effectively shifts to the middle ring .....R shock is a Sid Dual Air, and sag is about an inch .... I've tried a number of cable housing lengths for that piece before it goes under, but am having no luck....... Any insight would be appreciated.....

·
Wizard of the Trail
912 Posts
GeoCycler said:
Anybody had any experience with frame flex on an I-Drive system causing the front Derailure to shift? I recently rebuilt a circa 2000 I-drive and whenever weight is applied to the thing the front end pulls on the derailure cable and effectively shifts to the middle ring .....R shock is a Sid Dual Air, and sag is about an inch .... I've tried a number of cable housing lengths for that piece before it goes under, but am having no luck....... Any insight would be appreciated.....
I have had two i drives, and never had this problem due to weight or flexing of the frame. You will, however, get it if the housing is too short before you get to the f. der. in that area. You need a little loop of housing before the f.der. so it can have some slack to play with. Also, you are supposed to have the red dot line up with the eccentric . An inch sounds like alot of sag to me. I am not sure. Check gtbicycles.com for the i drive setup. You can also check some pics on the web for cable routing ideas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.