Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, you may remember me from the p3 or chase 1 topic, but I was just checking out the cannondale web site and was re-introduced to the chase 4. I've heard that this is a nice bike to start on for street and DJing, and there are much less worries with it being singlespeed. Is this bike basically the same as the chase 1, just worse spec wise and being singlespeed? I am basically a newbie to street riding and DJing and want a good stable ride to learn on. I am looking at the p3 and chase 1 and now the chase 4. I wanna be able to learn bunnyhops and manueling all on a good bike to do it on so that is where I need your help. Any help would be great, thanks. -Nick

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Chase 1 has machined chainstay/seatstay yokes that allow the rear end to be much shorter. The Chase 4 does not have the machined yokes, but it does still used vertical dropouts (which is nice). It uses an eccentric BB to adjust the chain tension. Nice touch.

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
go try them all out. check with your local Specialized/Cannondale dealers. maybe the chase 1 will feel horrible whare as you'll love the chase 4. Personally for a biginner, I dont know what to suggest. I started riding on a MuddyFox Therapy, then got a P.2 (wich I will never get rid of) the P. frames are great, so are the Chase frames. try em all out, see wich one you like best.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I checked out the giant stp, and it looks pretty nice and not bad price spec wise. But right now I'm leaning towards the chase 4. I think it would be better for me to learn on, and its cheaper, but would the geometry make it harder to learn street riding such as manuels and bunnyhopping? My local dealers don't stock anything close to the p.3 or chase models so I really don't have a way of trying them out. thanks again...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.