Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know the conditions of these trails for this weekend 7/22? The COTA website shows them as red however, I have found their trail conditions to be somewhat out dated.

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
Axo 76 said:
Anybody know the conditions of these trails for this weekend 7/22? The COTA website shows them as red however, I have found their trail conditions to be somewhat out dated.
About 2 weeks ago, someone posted info that there were dozens of trees down still. Don't know if there's any change since then, but take a look, and let us know;)

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
14,456 Posts
Can you say, "bloodsuckers?"

Sasquatch said:
... take a look, and let us know;)
Bring a 5-gallon drum of deet. This time of year, the mosquitos will completely drain your body within minutes of stepping out of your vehicle. My advice (not that you asked for it): wait a month at least; after Labor Day is best.

--Sparty

·
What day are we riding?
1,088 Posts
They are only bad if you stop

I have found that going in excess of 4 mph usually keeps them from landing on you. You still need Deet for when you slow down to get over the blowdowns. I just rode Waldo and I have seen worse skeeters before.

·
Registered
757 Posts
i attempted the lemish loop about 3 weeks ago. mosquitos were bad, but the trees were worse. i was literally off my bike traversing the downed trees every 20 yards. i turned around after about 15 in a row.

not sure if it gets better as you go, as this was right at the lake, so i don't know.

good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll give it a try.

We have a scheduled camp out at Little Cultus, so we are in good or bad. Thanks for all your input and I will report back next week.

Everyone have a good weekend.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Skeeters @ Little Cultas were not too bad. I'd give them about a 4 on a 10 scale. The trail needs a lot of work. We were able to ride into Lemish and that was it. I nice guy was up there starting to clear, but a lot of work remains.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts