Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who is responsible for the new construction (freeride type stuff) in the so-called "enchanted forest"?

It's the prettiest spot along all of the trails, and some *******s had to go and screw it up.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Do you mean the step-up jump to the ladder bridge? If so, yes I do know who is responsible-I am one of the people. I agree that that spot is very pretty and don't really see how the aforementioned stunt detracts from it. Following your logic, one could argue that the area would be even nicer without mulitple single-track trails criss-crossing it. The fact is that there have been dirt jumps there for years and the recent addition of additional jumps and the stunt have not altered the original single-track. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
While I don't ride the jumps or most of the stunts, I agree with Dogboy. What I've seen out there seems to be built with respect to the existing lines, and is not an eyesore (IMO). I've been very outspoken when I do feel that construction or destruction has altered the trail, but I think these seem to be a pretty good example of everyone sharing the same piece of land without stepping on others toes. It is not possible for everyone to get exactly what they want without at least some comprimise....

FWIW: Only reason I don't ride the jumps and most stunts is they are above my skill set. I ride what I can, and always enjoy watching when somebody with mad skills can do them justice.

·
Registered
477 Posts
relax man...

Specifically, which of the new features do you find objectionable? Like Dogboy said, there have been jumps in that area for many years.

IMHO, beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder...and I personally think the contrast of shapely red clay with the surrounding greenery is lovely...just because its a little different does not mean it's less beautiful. If you really wanna see something pretty, come by when people are riding...it's art.

Happy trails, friend.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aight

I'll give it a chance. I never really minded the jumps that were there before. I haven't been riding in the area for long, so I'll defer. I mostly was concerned that the new building would progress into something even more developed - as it stands it's not an eyesore, though I certainly wouldn't have built it there because of the aesthetics of the place.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I think its a really pretty spot too, which is why I like having stuff that I like to ride there. I have some ideas for new stuff over there, but I'm sure we can figure out something that isnt too offensive. I guess the way I look at it is that there are about 15 miles of really nice trails in the woods over there, but no so many flat locations with good dirt for jumps. FWIW, I've spent a good number of hours helping to cut new singletrack at chhs as well. The fact is that CHHS is a prime destination for both trail riding and freeriding and we're all going to have to talk and work to coexist as happily as possible. I've never thought that jumps or stunts were so offensive to the eyes as long as they are well constructed and there aren't nails and scraps of crap left everywhere (which I realize does happen sometimes). Most folks I talk to as they ride by feel the same way...I'm out there a lot during the evening either riding (yellow chameleon) or digging (sweaty man with shovel) so stop over and we can talk about it all. Name's Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.