Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Just give me hardpack
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 bikes with a different wheelset on each (one general use, one lighter race build). Changing wheels between bikes is a hassle though. So what is the consensus - shim the discs once (quite a difference though - over a mm of diff)) or just readjust the caliper shims every time?

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
NoMud said:
I have 2 bikes with a different wheelset on each (one general use, one lighter race build). Changing wheels between bikes is a hassle though. So what is the consensus - shim the discs once (quite a difference though - over a mm of diff)) or just readjust the caliper shims every time?
I would use the Syntace rotor shims to try and get them set up so no re-adjustment is needed. Might take a little experimenting, but you should be able to make it work.
Larry Mettler
http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ordered directly from Hope

I couldn't find where to get the Syntace ones in the US, but I just ordered some from Hope directly. $5 each isn't cheap, but if I don't have to add or remove washers each time I switch wheel sets it will be well worth it. They come in 1,2, and 3mm.

USA Sales
Hope Technology Inc.
40234 Dutton Street
Cherry Valley, CA 92223
Phone: (+1) 909-769-1654
Toll Free: (+1) 800-303-6863
Facsimile: (+1) 909-845-4467
E-mail: [email protected]

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
NoMud said:
With a 1 mm+ difference I would use shims on both the rotor and caliper if you can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.